An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away
The apple and its many benefits are very ancient and are known throughout the world. Apples contain enzymes, iron, boron, minerals, trace minerals, pectin and are an excellent source of fiber. The product of the apple, which is credited with being one of the most powerful healing and cleansing elixirs, is raw, un-distilled Apple Cider Vinegar (or ACV). Apple Cider Vinegar is even traced back to the Egyptians as far as 3000 B.C. and is written about in the anneals of history in other countries. ACV is known to have hundreds of uses such as a cleaning and deodorizing agent, body deodorant, healing tonic, disinfectant, germ and virus fighter, it kills bacteria and common mold, and it is used as a flavoring, pickling and marinade in cooking.
The health benefits of consuming raw ACV far out-weigh any other food source. Some of the more popular uses for ACV are: weight loss, acid reflux, joint pain, chronic fatigue, sinus problems (congestion and headaches), sore throats, mental alertness, high cholesterol, corns/calluses/warts, skin tonic, yeast and fungus infections, varicose veins, skin problems, insect bites/stings, dry/thinning/itchy scalp, sore muscles, digestive problems, kidney/bladder/gallbladder problems, mucus, douches, constipation, burns and much more.
True ACV is raw, unfiltered and organic, that is cloudy and has a sediment called “mother”. The clear distilled vinegar’s found in the supermarkets have no health value and from a nutritional standpoint are worthless. The distillation process destroys and leaches out important and vital minerals and enzymes, which are necessary for the body to function properly and to maintain health such as:
1. Sodium – maintains proper water balance and blood pH and is needed for stomach, nerve and muscle function.
2. Iron – required for a healthy immune system, and energy production, important for the oxygenation of red blood cells, and for the production of hemoglobin and myoglobin.
3. Copper – aids in the formation of hemoglobin, red blood cells and the formation of the bone, needed for healthy joints and nerves, is essential for the formation of collagen (a protein in the formation of bone, skin and connective tissues).
4. Magnesium – prevents the calcification of soft tissue, protects arterial linings, helps reduce and dissolve calcium phosphate kidney stones, reduces cholesterol levels, and aids in maintaining the body’s proper pH balance and normal body temperature.
5. Trace minerals – minerals in trace amounts needed for the formation of blood and bone,proper composition of body fluids, healthy nerve function regulation of muscle tone including the cardiovascular system muscles. Vitamins do not work without the aid of minerals minerals.
6. Amino acids – the chemical building blocks that make up proteins (which are the necessary part of every living cell in the body, and make up the hair, many vital fluids, nails, glands, organs, tendons and ligaments).
7. Enzymes (digestive & metabolic) – protect the blood from waste materials, break down food for storage in the liver or muscles, help the blood to coagulate, assist in the removal of wastes from the liver, lungs, colon, skin and kidneys, assist in the construction of nerve cells, new muscle tissue, bone, skin and glandular tissue.
8. Potassium – which is a vital mineral important for a healthy nervous system, in controlling the body’s water balance, muscle tone and regulating cellular nutrition. Potassium deficiencies include poor muscle tone, weakness and fatigue, skin problems, edema, growth impairments, high cholesterol, low blood pressure, nerve problems and pre-mature aging.
The uses and benefits of ACV are so vast that it is almost hard to believe that a tablespoon a day can renew and rejuvenate your body, which will bring you great health, vitality and youthfulness.